Taylor Swift Book Tag!

Taylor Swift Book Tag

Graphic thanks to Danielle @ Love at First Page!
So Sarah over at The Book Life created this amazing Taylor Swift Book Tag that has been floating around YouTube for the past couple of months. Alexa, Judith, Danielle and I started talking about it on Twitter one day decided that we MUST participate because there is probably nothing better than combining Taylor Swift songs with books. The first 10 questions are the original tag, the next two were added later, and the last 3 are our own creation! Be sure to check out Alexa Loves Books, Paper Riot, and Love at First Page to see what answers Alexa, Judith and Danielle came up with! And now, without further ado, the tag... 

1. ‘We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together’

Pick a book (or book series) that you were pretty sure you were in love with, but then wanted to break up with - 
I think the series that best fits this description is Divergent by Veronica Roth. I LOVED Divergent, but Insurgent was such a disappointment that by the time I started Allegiant, which wasn't much better, I was already over it.

2. ‘Red’ 

Pick a book with a RED cover - 
I  am going to be real predictable here and choose A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah. J. Maas because this one was every bit as gorgeous on the inside as it is on the outside.

3. ‘The Best Day’ 

Pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic - 
I am going to go with Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell because of all the books that I have read, this is one of the ones that I am most smitten with and I wish I could read it for the first time all over again.

4. ‘Love Story’ 

Pick a book with forbidden love - 
Easy, The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. I don't even know how to sum up Kestrel and Arin, for those of you who haven't read this book yet, and their relationship only gets more complicated in The Winner's Crime. But one thing is obvious, these two were made for each other.

5. ‘I Knew You Were Trouble’ 

Pick a book with a bad character you couldn’t help but love - 
Vicious by Victoria Schwab has no shortage of bad characters that you can't help but love, but Victor Vale, our anti-hero, takes the cake on this one. Loved him and this book!

6. ‘Innocent’

Pick a book that someone ruined the ending for - 
I made the mistake of allowing my mother to read Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson before me and she accidentally let it slip how it ends before I reached page 3. But I still loved it so no harm done!

7. ‘Everything has changed’

Pick a character from a book who goes through extensive character development - 
When I think of extensive character development, I think of Emily from Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. At the start of the book, she was a barely functioning human being without her best friend Sloane around but by the end of the book she has really grown into own identity and living her life how she wants to.

8. ‘You Belong With Me’

Pick your most anticipated book release - 
So you might all expect me to pick Queen of Shadows, the fourth installment in the Throne of Glass series, and it's true I seriously cannot wait to read that book, but I am going to surprise everyone and pick Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray because I have been patiently waiting for this book for FOREVER and I just need it already.

9. ‘Forever and Always’

Pick your favourite book couple -
JUST ONE? That's impossible. So to cheat I am going to pick my most recent favorite couple which would be Paige and Max from The Start of Me and You by Emory Lord, even though they are just friends for 99% of this book. I love them both and wish them the world.

10. ‘Come Back, Be Here’

Pick the book you would least like to lend out, for fear of missing it too much - 
I did have a mild panic attack when I lent out my ARC of Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. My friend took a little longer to read it than I thought she would and I started to imagine all sorts of horrible deaths for my beloved  book. I kept thinking that she wasn't returning it because she was stalling until the book released to buy me a copy and cover the loss. (Yes, I am psychotic).

11. Teardrops On My Guitar

Pick a book that made you cry a lot -
Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein might be the most moving book I have ever read. It broke me so completely. If you would like to read my glowing review, which I am pretty damn proud of, you can find it here.

12. Shake It Off

Pick a book that you love so much, you just shake off the haters -
Hmmm... this one is tough. I can't think of a book that I love that has a ton of haters. I guess I'll got with Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid which seemed to be a hit or miss for this most part. But I absolutely loved this one and thought it was so unique!

13. Blank Space

Favorite autographed book -
I have been fortunate enough to meet many of my favorite authors and get many of my favorite books/series signed and I cherish them all. But I just about cried while meeting Elizabeth Wein and explaining how much her books meant to me and her message is the only one that doesn't feel scripted. So again, Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein wins this category too.

14. Welcome to New York

Favorite setting - 
Ok this time I am going to be real cliche and pick Hogwarts because to this day, nothing surpasses the magic of the wizarding world and my greatest regret in life is being a muggle.

15. Today Was A Fairytale

Favorite retelling - 
I am in love with and in awe over The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer and each new installment just keeps getting better and better. It is truly amazing how well she has weaved different fairy tales into one story and yet it is still so uniquely hers.

That's it! Here are the books (minus Divergent and Lair of Dreams)...


And I Tag: 


divider
Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs