Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks #3) by Miranda Kenneally

Title: Things I Can't Forget
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: March 1st 2013

Summary from Goodreads:
Kate has always been the good girl. Too good, according to some people at school—although they have no idea the guilty secret she carries. But this summer, everything is different...

This summer she’s a counselor at Cumberland Creek summer camp, and she wants to put the past behind her. This summer Matt is back as a counselor too. He’s the first guy she ever kissed, and he’s gone from a geeky songwriter who loved The Hardy Boys to a buff lifeguard who loves to flirt - with her.

Kate used to think the world was black and white, right and wrong. Turns out, life isn’t that easy...

Review

Things I Can't Forget is probably my least favorite thus far.  Some parts of the story I really enjoyed and other parts got under my skin.  I found Kate's judgmental proclivity to really bother me.  I know she ended up working on it and really trying to overcome her own ghosts and learn to be more accepting but when she was not I just wanted to shake her. As I mentioned some parts of the story were great and some of those parts include when Kate saw past some of her judgments.

The friendship that grew between Kate and Parker was a great addition to the story. I loved the changing dynamic between the two; it really highlighted the power of friendship and how one person can really turn from a stranger to one of your closest friends.

As for the romance, I think Matt is great; I love that he respects Kate's beliefs and decisions.  Their romance is cute and very slow building, they really build on their friendship first.  Similar to Stealing Parker, religion plays a big role in this story, Kate's beliefs are funded in her Church and religion. (So if religious under tones are not your things, just skip right to Racing Savannah!)  Even though I had some issues with Kate, I still enjoyed the book and can't wait to continue the series!


divider
Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs