Snowed in by Rachel Hawthorne

Title: Snowed In
Author: Rachel Hawthorne
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: November 27th 2007

Summary from Goodreads:
Well, apparently I live here now—my mom just bought the place. And named it after me, Ashleigh, which was nice. But did she know how cold it is here??

Um, it's a tiny island with not much to do, unless you really like sleigh rides. But I gotta say there are quite a few hot guys on this cold island . . .





Review


Rachel Hawthorne delivered a cute snowy holiday read.  Snowed In is full of wintery drama blended with a light hearted love story. Similar to most holiday movies and books there is a level of cheesy-ness throughout but it didn't bother me.

Even though I enjoyed the overall love story, I am not the hugest fan of how it started.  The characters do acknowledge the issues with their budding romance making it easier to overlook. If you don't think you can overlook a bit of behind the back kisses this one might not be for you.

I loved the cheesy, cliche holiday activities.  I am a sucker for the cutesy romantic gestures and dates. Snowed In is full of snowy kisses, sleigh rides, hot cocoas, wintry storms, and cuddling by the fire.While Snowed In is not my favorite holiday read, I definitely enjoyed it and recommend if you want an easy light read.

divider
Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs