I'm Waiting On My Name Is Rapunzel by K. C. Hilton

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating!

This week I chose...


Title: My Name Is Rapunzel
Author: K.C. Hilton
Release Date: 2013

Summary from Goodreads:

My tale has been told again and again, and I’ve heard each one. Except for my hair, I barely recognize the pitiful renditions. Muddled versions, crafted to entertain laughing children…but the children wouldn’t have laughed if they’d known the real story. It wasn't their fault. They didn't know the truth. Nobody did.

My name is Rapunzel and I will tell you my story. I will tell you the truth.


There isn't a ton of information on this book yet, but I'm intrigued by what we do get The cover is beautiful and the summary suggest a dark twist on the Rapunzel Tale. And I love fairytale retellings!

What are you waiting on?
divider

14 comments:

  1. I hope this one ends up being as dark as it sounds! There is nothing better than a really dark retelling!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. That was at least my first impression when reading the short summary and I hope it's right.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, this sounds quite interesting. I really should get into the whole fairytale retellings genre. I can't wait to hear more about this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still only just getting into this genre but what I have read I have enjoyed. I like having an idea of roughly what should happen but seeing the author put a creative twist on it. It's usually a pleasant surprise. And a dark retelling sounds fun. :)

      Delete
  3. Very intriguing blurb. I love fairytale retellings so much so I will definitely be reading this, I like the understated cover as well no billowing dresses or anything!

    My WOW
    Also check out my April giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the cover is simple but beautiful.

      Delete
  4. I actually just saw this one for the first time yesterday! It looks & sounds REALLY good :D Great pick!!

    Thanks for stopping by the blog last week ♥ Sorry I was a bit slow getting back :)

    Old follower.
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this sounds really interesting. The synopsis is very captivating! Thank you for sharing this :)

    My Wow is here

    Toni @ My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fairy Tale retellings are always amazing. Of course this is already on my To Read list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The synopsis doesn't tell much but it's pretty intriguing. Made me want to know what actually happened. Great pick! Thanks for dropping by my WoW :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah its only a teaser, but a convincing one!

      Delete
  8. I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds very interesting. Thank you for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm intrigued and the cover is beautiful.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs