Top Ten Books We're Not Sure We Want To Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten list is
"Top Ten Books We're Not Sure We Want To Read"

Nicole's Top Five


1. Crown of Embers (Girl of Fire and Thorns #2) by Rae Carson
Despite my lukewarm response to The Girl of Fire and Thorns, I was promised that this book was better. And I know I should read it so that I too can (hopefully) fall in love with Hector. And I promised I would, so someday I would like to think that I will. But I am still lacking sufficient motivation to pick this one up sooner rather than later. 

2. Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2) by Katie McGarry
I am in the same boat with this book as I am with Crown of Embers. It's not that I don't think I will like it and so many friends have loved this series of stories but I find myself lacking the desire to pick it up. And it's even on my shelf. 

3. Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I admit I am a little curious about the series that everyone is talking about but I am 95% certain that I will hate it. So I am kind of avoiding it... Aliens, better yet aliens that look like humans, are so not my cup of tea. Same goes for jerk-like boys and I heard Daemon is one of those. 

4. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
This is another series that is well received but like aliens, I avoid zombies like the plague too and I am worried I won't like it as much as everyone else. 

5. Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades #1) by E. L. James
I don't think this book is for me either. I don't even read straight romance let alone adult romance, let alone erotica. But they are coming out with a movie and it feels like everyone and their mother read this book AND I want to be able to read the parody Fifty Shames of Early Grey by Fanny Merkin and Andrew Shaffer. 

Ashley's Top Five



1.Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas
So many people fangirl over this series, including Nicole :)  I am just worried I will not like it.  

2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I am very undecided about this one, I actually bought a copy because I have heard so many good things.  But again I am not sure if I would enjoy it. 

3. The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa
I have heard really good things about Julie Kagawa and am super excited to read Talon.  I have just not been in the mood for a vampire book for quite sometime now so I am not sure if this is the book to break that dry spell. 

4. Rose Under Fire (Code Name Verity #2) by Elizabeth Wein
Don't throw rocks over here!  I enjoyed Code Name Verity but it just did not blow me out of the water, I am not sure if that was because I listened to just the audio version but it was just a bit too slow for my taste.  I know everyone has pretty much loved Rose Under Fire so I am tempted to give it a try. 

5. Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1) by Melina Marchetta
Nicole loves Melina Marchetta, as do many other bloggers!  I tried this one again as an audio book and could not make it past the first chapter.  So I am not sure if I want to pick up the actual physical book and try it. 

What are your top ten?

divider
Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs