The TBR Tag!

Welcome to Thoughts for Thursday! This feature is our outlet to talk with you about whatever we currently have on our minds. It might be bookish, it might not! Now for this week's thought:

The TBR Tag

We were tagged by Pam @ [YA] Escape From Reality!


How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
Nicole: I use Goodreads to keep track of books I want to read, am considering reading, and those that I have lost interest in, which provides me with a good reference point. But more regularly, I use Evernote and Google spreadsheets to track ARCs (which I typically read by release date), highly anticipated releases (which I drop everything for and read), and books at the top of my TBR (which are the first I go to when I take a break from ARCs).
Ashley:  I use Goodreads as well but I have not organized it at all.  It really needs to go through a major overhaul.  I also use my bookshelves for new physical books, keeping the ones I need to read on certain shelves.
 
Is your TBR mostly print or e-book? 
Nicole: Mostly print and audiobooks, which I've procured through conferences, purchased, or borrowed from the library.
Ashley:A split between print and e-books.  I like to have one physical book I am reading and one on my Kindle. 

How do you determine which book from your TBR list to read next?
Nicole: I generally read ARCs in order of release date, but not until I can review them (so about a month in advance of their pub date). Meanwhile, highly anticipated new releases always get bumped to the front of the reading schedule. But if I don't have either of these to read, my selection process is quite random, and influenced by a lot of things (mood, friends, reviews, what I own vs what is available at the library, etc).
Ashley: Similar to Nicole,  I try to read the ARCs in order of release day.  I have done better this year.  I am also a mood reader so it really depends what I am in the mood to read. If I am not in the mood for a book, it takes me a while to actually get through it. 

A book that's been on your TBR the longest?
Nicole: According to Goodreads it is Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier, which kind of surprises me because I don't think I was aware of that book before I joined Goodreads so its odd that I would have added it to my shelves first.
Ashley: According to Goodreads it is a tie between, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, Shatter Me by Taherah Mafi,  and Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. 

A book that you recently added to your TBR list?
Nicole: I just added Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce.I have heard wonderful things about her work and have been meaning to read it for some time now.
Ashley: I just added The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski and Lailah by Nikki Kelly.

A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover?
Nicole: I admit that I was instantly drawn to the cover of The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton before I even knew what it was about (and got a copy for my shelves). But I am happy that it has gotten some raving reviews and is actually a book I likely will enjoy.
Ashley: A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Grey.  I love the contrast in the cover.  I do eventually plan to read it but initially it was the cover that drew me in.  

A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading?
Nicole: I try to make a point of only putting books on my shelves that I do plan on reading. There are some that I am less motivated to pick up than others but none that I never plan on reading.
Ashley: As I mentioned earlier, I need to do a major overhaul on my TBR.  I would actually say one book that I do not plan on reading is Shatter Me.  Reading many of the reviews out there it seems that this book is not for me. 

An unpublished book on your TBR that you're excited for?
Nicole: There are quite a few but if I had to pick just one it would be Throne of Glass Book 4, which unfortunately won't come out for almost another year.
Ashley: I am really excited for a few books but I would have to say Winter by Marissa Meyer. 

A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read except you?
Nicole: According to Goodreads, 442,452 people have read/rated The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson, which blows every other book on my TBR out of the water. So, I guess essentially everyone has read that book but me. And I loved the first one, so I don't know what the hell I'm waiting for.
Ashley: It truly seems like everyone has read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.  I actually own the book but have yet to read it.  It took me almost two years to finally read The Fault in Our Stars so it is not surprising that I have not read The Book Thief. 

A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you?
Nicole: I'm going to go with Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson because a lot of people are reading it lately and I'm not sure I've heard of anyone not liking that book.
Ashley: Hmmm... Not sure actually.  I might have to go with The Book Thief again. 

A book on your TBR that you're dying to read?
Nicole: I'm really excited to start The Lies of Lock Lamora by Scott Lynch right after I finish The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. High Fantasy for the win!
Ashley:  For books that I actually own, I am dying to read The Young Elites by Marie Lu!  It just was released on Tuesday!

The number of books on your Goodreads TBR shelf?
Nicole: Only 198! Not Bad! Then again I'm pretty sure that is not entirely accurate.
Ashley:Hahah too many!  350 :)

As for who we tag... it feels like a lot of people have done this one already. (Kay - have you?) Soo we tag whoever wants to participate!

divider
Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs