I'm Waiting On School Spirits (School Spirits #1) by Rachel Hawkins

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating!

This week I chose...

Title: School Spirits
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Series: School Spirits #1
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Release Date: May 14th 2013

Summary from Goodreads:

Fifteen-year-old Izzy Brannick was trained to fight monsters. For centuries, her family has hunted magical creatures. But when Izzy’s older sister vanishes without a trace while on a job, Izzy's mom decides they need to take a break.

Izzy and her mom move to a new town, but they soon discover it’s not as normal as it appears. A series of hauntings has been plaguing the local high school, and Izzy is determined to prove her worth and investigate. But assuming the guise of an average teenager is easier said than done. For a tough girl who's always been on her own, it’s strange to suddenly make friends and maybe even have a crush.

Can Izzy trust her new friends to help find the secret behind the hauntings before more people get hurt?

Rachel Hawkins' delightful spin-off brings the same wit and charm as the New York Times best-selling Hex Hall series. Get ready for more magic, mystery and romance!

I know technically this came out yesterday but I have not had a chance to buy/check out from the library yet! I loved the Hex Hall series, so I can't wait to read School Spirits! 

What are you waiting on?



divider

10 comments:

  1. I should really start Hawkins' books, people seem to really enjoy them. Hope you get the books soon!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked my library status yesterday and it's in transit for me. Yay! I'm excited to read this one, too. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished reading this. I really enjoyed it. If you liked the Hex Hall series then I think you will like School Spirits too.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! I want this too!
    I still need to read the last Hex Hall book though..
    Great pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohh I got this on NG the other day!! Sounds so good! :)
    My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hoping that my library is going to get this one soon. Nice pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Em definitely has this one her TBR! Glad you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pick! I really want to read the Hex Hall series soon, it seems totally fun but it's been on my list forever and I just keep ignoring it. Need to fix that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice! I've read this and it is awesome!!!

    my WOW and giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs