Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer

Title: Cress
Series: The Lunar Chronicles #3
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Release Date: February 4th 2014
Pages: Hardcover, 550 pages
Source: Bought

Summary from Goodreads:
Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.


Review


I got my copies of The Lunar Chronicles signed!  I was lucky enough to make it down to DC before a big snow storm to listen to Rebecca Soler do a reading from Cress and hear Marissa Meyer talk!  Rebecca Soler is the narrator for The Lunar Chronicles.  If you have not tried to listen to the audio books, I highly recommend them.  Even though I read all the books, it is the only series where I have listened to the audio version as well.  It was truly a treat to hear Rebecca do the voices for all the characters.

The 5 reasons you need to read Cress
1. Captain Thorne.  Everyone loved him in Scarlet; I was not sold yet, I thought he was funny but he was not my favorite.  My, Oh, my has he become one of my favorites.  There is quite of bit of unexpected circumstances that effect Thorne that had me completely shocked.  Not to mention, Throne has a new love interest which is perfect and his witty nature is in full force.  As said by his truly, " Never underestimate the stealth of a criminal mastermind."

2. Iko.  Iko is one of the best side kicks!  Some fun, great things happen to her that had me grinning.

3. No love triangles or messy romances.

4. To meet Cress!  She is an awesome, awkward, computer genius.  Cress is a marvelous addition to the crew and her unique personality complemented the story so well.

5.  Obviously you need to read Cress for the feels and the drama.  So many feels and so much happening.  While some parts of the story were easily anticipated, there were parts that I was not expecting at all.  Cress will keep you on edge the entire way through and begging for Winter.   

Bottom Line

Cress is truly a fantastic read, I devoured the book in just a couple of days. Cress does not suffer from any middle book syndrome; there was action, drama, and romance throughout the whole book.  If you have to read this one yet or even started the series, I highly recommend it :)
  
divider
Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs