Battle of the Books (2) - Battle of the Perkins' Boys

Battle of the Books is a (new) periodic feature that will pit two books against each other based on some commonality (characters, settings, relationships, etc.). The competitors will battle each other by way of theme-related standards, and readers (you!) will vote on the winner! This is solely for fun.

This week's battle is....

Battle of the Perkins' Boys!

So it's actually been over a YEAR since I posted this feature and I've even had this post half drafted for MONTHS. That is really embarrassing, especially since I have SO MANY IDEAS for this feature and love creating these posts. But alas, that is life. And I'm going to try really hard to not let that happen again. Anyway, for the second ever Battle of the Books I thought it would be fun to battle the swoony gentleman from Stephanie Perkins' beloved Anna and the French Kiss series because they are all amazing and I'm evil like that. But really, I'm kind of wondering if there is an overwhelming favorite. I guess now we'll find out! 

Etienne St. Clair

Source

Looks

Messy hair, big brown eyes, short, 'English French American Boy Masterpiece'

Personality

Funny, confident, charming, flirty, friendly

Favorite Quotes

“For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.”

“You're the most incredible girl I've ever known. You're gorgeous and smart, and you make me laugh like no-one else can. And I can talk to you. And I know after all this I don't deserve you, but what I'm trying to say is that I love you, Anna. Very Much.”


Favorite Moments

“I trail my fingers across his cheek. He stays perfectly still for me. “Please stop apologizing, Étienne.”
“Say my name again,” he whispers.
I close my eyes and lean forward. “Étienne.”
He takes my hands into his.Those perfect hands, that fit mine just so. “Anna?”
Our foreheads touch. “Yes?”
“Will you please tell me you love me? I’m dying here.”
And then we’re laughing. And then I’m in his arms, and we’re kissing, at first quickly—to make up for lost time—and then slowly, because we have all the time in the world. And his lips are soft and honey sweet, and the careful, passionate way he moves them against my own says that he savors the way I taste, too.
And in between kisses, I tell him I love him.
Again and again and again.”


Cricket Bell

Source

Looks

Dark hair, blue eyes, extremely tall and lanky, stylish, cute, boy-next-door

Personality 

brainy, quirky, inventive, patient, sweet, graceful, energetic

Favorite Quotes

“I know you aren't perfect. But it's a person's imperfections that make them perfect for someone else.”

“Lola?" Cricket is on his knees at the side of my bed. I feel it. "I'm here," he whispers. "You can talk to me or not talk to me, but I'm here.”





Favorite Moments

So you believe in second chances?" I bite my lip.
"Second, third, fourth. Whatever it takes. However long it takes. If the person is right," he adds.
If the person is . . . Lola?"
This time, he holds my gaze. "Only if the other person is Cricket."

“I'll only say this once more. I like you. I've always liked you. It would be wrong for me to come back into your life and act otherwise.”
'And I pull him down into me, and I plant my lips against his, which are loose with surprise and shock. And I kiss Cricket Bell with everything that’s been building inside of me, everything since he moved back, everything since that summer, everything since our childhood. I kiss him like I’ve never kissed anyone before.'

Josh Wasserman

Source

Looks

Brown hair, hazel eyes, slender, tattoos, dimples, smells like citrus, sexy

Personality

Artistic, introspective, sensitive, romantic, witty

Favorite Quotes

“It doesn't matter. I'm with you. I'm happy to be anywhere with you.”

"Artists are inspired by blank canvases."
My smile grows wider.
"A blank canvas," Josh continues, "has unlimited possibilities."





Favorite Moments

“Just give me your hand.”
“W-what?”
“Your hand,” he repeats. “Give it to me.”
I extend my shaking right hand. And–in a moment that is a hundred dreams come true–Joshua Wasserstein laces his fingers through mine. A staggering shock of energy shoots straight into my veins. Straight into my heart.
“There,” he says. “I’ve been waiting a long time to do that.”
Not nearly as long as I've been waiting.”

“What are you working on?" I ask.
"The last page." He gestures towards the table, where a pencilled sketch is being turned into inked brushstrokes. It's a drawing of us, in this café, in this moment.
I smile up at him "It's beautiful. But what comes next?"
"The best part." And he pulls me back into his arms. "The happily ever after.”

So Who Do I Pick?

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF. Writing this post made me realize how much I do love all of these boys pretty equally. But since I am forcing you all to choose it is only fair.... I guess if I had to choose one it would be Etienne Bell Wasserman (kidding). Ok, here goes.... *deep breath* (please don't hate me Etienne and Josh)

Cricket Bell


Why? Because he's patient and kind and knows how to dress is oh so smart and will likely take over the world someday. Plus, I tend to like them tall and lanky. And did I mention his piercing blue eyes, yet? ;)

Your Turn to Choose!

Who is your favorite Perkins boy?

Etienne St. Clair
Cricket Bell
Josh Wasserman
I'd rather die than choose
Poll Maker


divider
Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs