Welcome to Thoughts for Thursday! This feature is our outlet to talk with you about whatever we currently have on our minds. It might be bookish, it might not! Now for this week's thought:
SO I was recently stalking Emery Lord’s website to see if she had announced her book tour for The Start of Me and You and I stumbled upon her 15 in 15 list – a list of 15 things she challenged herself to do this year. I’ve wanted to make a list like this for a while, more and more so as I read books centered around this idea, and seeing Emery's finally gave me the push to do so! I know it's already April but I've already done some of the things I wanted to do so I'm not THAT behind! Regardless, better late than never! So without further ado, here is my list!
- Graduate from business school. So this one is kind of a given seeing as I am almost done and will be walking in May but it is a big deal and it was a challenge so I'm counting it. After all, it's MY list. :)
Go someplace new #1Argentina Go someplace new #2Chile
- Go someplace new #3 I stole the idea for these three from Emery's list but if you know me well you know that I love to travel and make it my goal to see a few new places each year. Since I recently returned from visiting Argentina and Chile, I can already cross the first two off my list!
- Attend a wine and paint night If you aren't familiar with what this is, it's basically a night out where you go to a studio, take a paint class, paint a pretty picture, and drink wine while doing it. Sounds fabulous, doesn't it? I've wanted to do this ever since it became a thing.
- Wear bold lipstick for a night out I love the look of a bold lipstick - whether it's a cherry red or a bubblegum pink - I always think it looks so pretty and I've always wanted to wear it myself but I either chicken out or don't put in the effort. This is the year to change that. In fact, I just bought Mac's Pink Nouveau lipstick so I am half way there!
- Take an aerial yoga class My best friend and I took an aerial silks class earlier this year and it was a ton of fun (but also super hard!) Now we want to do a yoga themed one!
- Master the cat eye with liquid eyeliner Again, I am typically very low key with my makeup but I love the cat eye look as well as the bolder look of liquid eyeliner in general. It's going to take work but I want to learn how to do this! Glam shots to come ;)
- Make my tea from China I bought this REALLY EXPENSIVE green tea from China when I visited back in July of last year but it’s actual tea leaves which requires actual work to prepare and therefore it has sat untouched in my cabinet for 9 months. I think it's about time I make some.
- Learn a new feature on my DSLR I love photography so a few years back I treated myself to my very first DSLR camera but admittedly I have given it very little of my attention since then. I take almost all of my pictures using the basic settings and I really want to learn how to do more with it. I'm going to take baby steps and challenge myself to learn JUST ONE new thing this year.
- Get an eye exam. I have been promising a friend at work that I would do this for probably over a year now but I keep putting it off because when it comes to doctor’s appointments, I avoid them like the plague. But I’m determined to make good on my promise this year! Plus, my last eye exam was like 15 years ago soo...
- Go to a speakeasy bar. Hop Sing in Philadelphia
- Go to a new event in Philly I want to explore Philly more in general but I don't want to limit myself to just the nightlife. Right now I have my eye on attending The Art of the Brick at the Franklin Institute. I just need to find someone to go with me!
- Run 6 miles (at once) It scares me a little to put this on the list because if I fail at anything it's going to be this one. The last time I ran 6 miles was like 2.5 years ago. I haven't run much since and no more than 3 miles at that. Plus my knee has been bothering me lately. But I really want to hit those longer distances again so we'll see!
- Cook 12 new recipes I rarely cook, and when I do, I cook something I already know how to make. But it's about time I start testing out some of those meals I've been adding to my Pinterest board for for the last 3 years. I already made two new recipes - black bean burgers and black bean burritos - and both were a success! So 10 more to go!
And that's it! Let me know if you've challenged yourself to anything this year :)