REVIEW: Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin #2) by Robin LaFevers

Title: Dark Triumph
Series: His Fair Assassin #2
Author: Robin LaFevers
Publisher:Houghton Mifflin Books for Children
Release Date: April 2, 2013
Pages: 385
Source: eBook

 Summary from Goodreads:
When Sybella arrived at the doorstep of St Mortain half mad with grief and despair the convent were only too happy to offer her refuge - but at a price. The sisters of this convent serve Death, and with Sybella naturally skilled in both the arts of death and seduction, she could become one of their most dangerous weapons.
But her assassin's skills are little comfort when the convent returns her to the life that nearly drove her mad. Her father's rage and brutality are terrifying, and her brother's love is equally monstrous. But when Sybella discovers an unexpected ally she discovers that a daughter of Death may find something other than vengeance to live for...


Wow. Just wow.
This book blew me away.

Evert Word. Sentence. Paragraph. Page. Chapter.
I loved it all.

Dark. Sinful. Broken. Sad. Merciless.
Beautiful. Hopeful. Kind. Forgiving. Triumphant.
It was all of these things and much much more.
So much emotion. So much depth.

I could not stop reading from the moment I started.

My heart broke for Sybella.
Beast gave me faith.
I wished any number of horrific fates for d'Albret.

I hate myself for not reading this sooner.
I will not make the same mistake with Mortal Heart.

Perfect, addictive, wonderfully-written Historical Fiction.
Easily deserving of each and every one of those 5 stars.

Read this book.

divider
Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs