How many books do you read at once?

Welcome to Thoughts for Thursday! This feature is our outlet to talk with you about whatever we currently have on our minds. It might be bookish, it might not! Now for this week's thought:

How many books do you read at once?

I discuss books with co-workers and friends all the time.  Just the other day I was asked how many books I read at once and how do I keep them straight; I then proceed to give my 5 minute explanation of my reading habits.  Explaining how many books I am actually reading.  I then asked the fiance his exact thoughts on it and he proceed to tell me usually only one book at a time.  So it got me thinking/wondering how many books you guys read at one time!  I thought to myself, I almost never read just one book at a time.  Below are my 4 types of books I read.

Book Type #1: I almost always have an audio book I am attempting to listen to.  I used to have a much longer commute so I would get through audio books much faster but with less driving it takes me a bit longer to finish the audio book than it used to.

Book  Type #2:  The reading-with-someone-else book.  The fiance and I drive all over the place going to mini-vacations/long weekends so we pick a book that we are both interested in and listen to the audio version every time we have to drive anywhere longer than 20 minutes. (So yes, sometimes I am juggling two audio books!)

Book Type #3: Physical book.  This is usually the ARC or the library book I am enjoying.

Book Type #4: E-Book.  My kindle books!

So I almost always am reading/listening to book type #1 and #2.  I try not to read both a physical book and an e-book at the same time since most of the time when I can read a physical book I could also read a e-book.  (Unlike audio books... I cannot read and drive!).  So on average I am at least always reading two books at once, usually 3 books once.

I will say in order for me to read multiple books at the same time I try my best to read very different books.  For example, I won't read two sci-fi books at the same time or two fairy tale re-tellings at the same time.  This is a personal preference.  It is easier for me to keep the stories and my opinions on the multiple books separate if the books are very different genres.

Do you read multiple books at once?  Do you read the same genre at the same time?  Do you ever get the story lines or your thoughts mixed up if you read similar books at the same time?

divider
Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs