Feature & Follow Friday (3)


                                                   

Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read to showcase blogs, meet new blogger friends and gain new followers. 

This week's question is:

Q: What is the last book that kept you up late into the night just to finish it?

Well, I just read The Archived in a day because I couldn't put it down. But to go back a little further, the last book that kept me up late at night was My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. I was just memorized by this book and was surprised to find how fast I read it. I didn't realize how much time had passed until I finished the last page and came back to reality. Fortunately, it was a Friday night and I could sleep in the next morning :D. My Life Next Door was so much more than a book about first love. Amidst the romance, Huntley Fitzpatrick beautifully portrays the trials of family and friendship, and navigating the ups and downs of life. I highly recommend if you read contemporary. My review is here. 

Title: My Life Next Door
Author: Huntley Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Dial Books for Young Readers
Release Date: 6/14/12
Pages: 396, Hardcover

Summary from Goodreads:
A gorgeous debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another
“One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time.”
The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

Comment and tell us what book last kept you at night! If you follow us, let us know how you follow and we will be sure to follow back!

Also, be sure to check out our current giveaway here.

TGIF :)
divider

22 comments:

  1. Haven't read that one yet, I'll definitely check it out!

    Here's my FF: www.best-of-ya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you like contemporary then it's a must read!!

      Delete
  2. I really want to read The Archived; I've been debating whether to wait for the library to get it in or to just buy it. My Life Next Door is on my to-read list, too.

    New GFC follower. My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can buy The Archived and borrow My Life Next Door! problem solved? :D

      Delete
  3. This one's been on my list for while but I haven't gotten to it yet. Same with Archived. Glad to know they're good. :D My FF is at LKHill or Musings on Fantasia. Happy Friday! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep you won't be disappointed with either (it's a bold statement but I am that confident they don't suck!)

      Delete
  4. I really want to read this book, just haven't gotten around to it!
    Glad you liked it!
    Here's my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't read this one yet. It looks good. I'm in need of some YA contemporary.

    Here is my FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI ASHLEY AND NICOLE!!!! Or just Nicole. I am actually reading this book right now!!! Kind of cool!!! Thank you so much for following my blog - I've been an old follower via GFC :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH WHAT DO YOU THINK SO FAR??? I hope you like it!!!!

      Delete
  7. I have this one but haven't started it yet. Thanks for stopping by, new follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have heard great things about My life Next Door... though I'm always wary about contempt books lately since I find myself not so interested in many that I read. Glad that it's fantastic and an allnighter may ensue when reading it.

    Thanks for coming past my FF :) Followed back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked this book :) New follower via GFC

    Here is my FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wanting to read The Archived.

    New follower via GFC

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. REALLY want to read My Life Next Door!

    New follower :)

    Ashley

    Booksaremylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs