I'm Waiting On Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating!

This week I chose...
Title: Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Release Date: February 5, 2013
Pages: 464, Hardback

Summary from Goodreads:

Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.

Cinder was one of my favorite reads of 2012. I thought it was imaginative and exciting and ever since I put it down I have been dying to get my hands on Scarlet. I have heard good things from those lucky enough to have read it already which just adds to my excitment. I really expect this to be another favorite. Fortunately, I only have to wait a couple more weeks!!

What are you waiting on? Leave a link and I'll check our your page!
divider

16 comments:

  1. Everybody has been telling me to read Cinder! I'm so hesitant because the idea of cyborgs is a bit iffy as I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi. I may just read Cinder now :P

    I've heard heaps of talk of Scarlet and had no idea it was the sequel to Cinder until now haha!

    Thank for stopping by my own WoW earlier <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend you give it a try! It obviously had sci-fi elements having cyborgs and all but it wasn't overwhelming to the story in my opinion. It was a great and imaginative retelling!

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. I still haven't read Cinder, but probably will.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Cinder and I can't wait to read Scarlet! It's almost here!
    Come check out my wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I love when a second book in a series has you cross paths with the last book's protagonist. Looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wonder how that will work out! We shall see!

      Delete
  5. I currently have 'Cinder' sat on my shelf so looking forward to having a read of this series :).
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I agree with this pick! I loved Cinder so much. I can't wait for Scarlet, either. Super great pick!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read Cinder first but I do have it! Thanks for stopping by! I'm following back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It's so good!! Thanks for commenting (and following) :)

      Delete
  8. Good pick! I can't wait for this one! Good thing it comes out soon.

    New Follower!!

    http://itisabooklife.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-1-storyteller-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a few more weeks! I am jealous of everyone who got an ARC!

      Delete
  9. Great choice this week! I have heard really great things about this book :)

    Thanks for stopping by my waiting on Wednesday and sorry for the late response!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs