I'm Waiting On Omens (Cainsville #1) by Kelley Armstrong

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating!

This week I chose...

Title: Omens
Series: Cainsville #1
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Release Date: August 20, 2013

Summary from Goodreads:
Twenty-four-year-old Olivia Taylor Jones has the perfect life. The only daughter of a wealthy, prominent Chicago family, she has an Ivy League education, pursues volunteerism and philanthropy, and is engaged to a handsome young tech firm CEO with political ambitions.

But Olivia’s world is shattered when she learns that she’s adopted. Her real parents? Todd and Pamela Larsen, notorious serial killers serving a life sentence. When the news brings a maelstrom of unwanted publicity to her adopted family and fiancĂ©, Olivia decides to find out the truth about the Larsens.

Olivia ends up in the small town of Cainsville, Illinois, an old and cloistered community that takes a particular interest in both Olivia and her efforts to uncover her birth parents’ past.

Aided by her mother’s former lawyer, Gabriel Walsh, Olivia focuses on the Larsens’ last crime, the one her birth mother swears will prove their innocence. But as she and Gabriel start investigating the case, Olivia finds herself drawing on abilities that have remained hidden since her childhood, gifts that make her both a valuable addition to Cainsville and deeply vulnerable to unknown enemies. Because there are darker secrets behind her new home, and powers lurking in the shadows that have their own plans for her.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Armstrong's Darkest Powers trilogy but I'm hoping that won't carry over to this series. Everything about it just sounds so good! And I love the cover. So ominous. 


What are you waiting on?

divider

9 comments:

  1. I've never actually read a book by Armstrong before, but Omens sounds like a fantastic read! Thanks so much for putting it on my radar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, first time I'm hearing about this one. I'm not a big KA fan either but this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been seeing this book quite many times now. :) Maybe I should be looking into it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this book. I agree, her Darkest Powers books were just ok for me, but this sounds interesting! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, the cover changed :) Thanks for sharing.

    bloglovin follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-56-landry-park.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I didn't know Kelley Armstrong had a new series coming out. I've liked the things I've read from her in the past, and the premise of this sounds really interesting. TBR list, for sure! : )

    Here's mine: http://followthewritingrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds amazing! I was a fan of her Darkest Powers series even though it was a little younger than what I normally read. Great choice Nicole! I'm adding this to my TBR.

    P.S. So thrilled to hear you loved Left Drowning! I know there's been mixed reviews on it, so it's nice to hear! I tried looking for your review on here but maybe you have yet to post it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Kelley's books and this one sounds really good! Plus I like that the main character is 24, that's pretty cool!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs