I'm Waiting On Maid of Secrets (Maids of Honor #1) by Jennifer McGowan

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating!

This week I chose...

Title: Maid of Secrets
Author: Jennifer McGowan
Release Date: May 7, 2013

Summary from Goodreads:
Seventeen-year-old Meg Fellowes is a wry, resourceful thief forced to join an elite group of female spies in Queen Elizabeth’s Court. There she must solve a murder, save the Crown, and resist the one thing that will become her greatest freedom–and her deadliest peril. 

For Meg and her fellow spies are not alone in their pursuit of the murderer who stalks Windsor Castle.

A young, mysterious Spanish courtier, Count Rafe de Martine, appears at every turn in the dark and scandal-filled corridors of the Queen’s summer palace. And though secrets and danger are Meg’s stock-in-trade, she’s never bargained on falling in love…
Maid of Secrets

I think I found out about this book via another blogger's WoW and I thought the summary sounded AMAZING and right up my ally. Spies! Court! Murder! London! What's not to love??!

What are you waiting on?
divider

6 comments:

  1. This one does sound amazing, I need a bit of court intrigue to keep me going! I was rejecting this one for review, which is sad :( But it come sout just under a week after my 20th, so I'll ask for it for my birthday!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd read this one! I love any book that is set in London or England for that matter! I fee like that place is my second home! Even though I've only been a few times!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read some historical fiction so I should probably add this to my goodreads lol. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I like this one - sounds like some great historical fiction.

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of this one before, but it sounds amazing. I'll have to check it out when it comes out. GReat pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this before somewhere, but didn't really pay it much attention. Now that I have actually read the synopsis, I'm game!

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs