I'm Waiting On The Program (The Program #1) by Suzanne Young

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating!

This week I chose...

Title: The Program (The Program #1)
Author: Suzanne Young
Release Date: April 30, 2013

Summary from Goodreads:
In Sloane’s world, true feelings are forbidden, teen suicide is an epidemic, and the only solution is The Program.

Sloane knows better than to cry in front of anyone. With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories.

Under constant surveillance at home and at school, Sloane puts on a brave face and keeps her feelings buried as deep as she can. The only person Sloane can be herself with is James. He’s promised to keep them both safe and out of treatment, and Sloane knows their love is strong enough to withstand anything. But despite the promises they made to each other, it’s getting harder to hide the truth. They are both growing weaker. Depression is setting in. And The Program is coming for them.

The Program (The Program, #1)

This isn't my typical pick but the idea sounds kind of interesting. It also kind of reminds me of Delirium.

What are you waiting on?
divider

11 comments:

  1. I'm super excited about this one too! It sounds so legit!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, I am excited for this one too! I absolutely LOVED her previous duology, A NEED SO BEAUTIFUL. Great pick, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I have not checked that out yet, I will have to look it up!

      Delete
  3. I need to read Requiem! I haven't read any reviews of The Program but it is a dystopian, that is enough for me!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaa, I have a soft spot for dystopian books

      Delete
  4. Great pick, I've got my eye on this one as well.

    ~Ali
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool pick!

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-39.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pick! This is a bit reminiscent of Delirium (my favorite book of all time); and, now that that series is over, this sounds like a good one to try! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by. Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still on the fence about this one. The concept is definitely interesting and the topic an important one, but it's also potentially triggering for me :/ I think I'll wait for some of the reviews to trickle in...

    Thanks for stopping by yesterday :) And I agree, Dexter is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs