Thoughts for Thursday (2): 5 Books That I Wish More People Would Read


Welcome to Thoughts for Thursday! This feature is our outlet to talk with you about whatever we currently have on our minds. It might be bookish, it might not! Now for this week's thought:

5 Books That I Wish More People Would Read


FIVE


If I lie tells such a heart-wrenching story. It is still one of the
most powerful contemporaries I have ever read. And it gives
a glimpse of that military lifestyle that is a less common theme
among YA. Just beautiful. [My review.]


FOUR


 Slated was a book that I didn't expect to like as much as I did.
It definitely took me by surprise. I felt every bit of desperation
and hopelessness that Kyla did.It has a similar concept as The
Program, which was getting all kinds of attention of late. But
remember, Slated was here first :) [My review.]


THREE
 

How To Lead A Life of Crime was seriously such an awesome book!!
I mean, COME ON, kids are taught how to be criminals at this school.
If that doesn't scream action, violence, suspense, and backstabbing, then
I don't  know what does. [My review.]


TWO
 

Amber House was like my dream setting come true. I am obsessed
with old houses that have unusual features and a ton of history. And
the story itself was just sooo creepy good!! I loved it! A perfect read
for this time of year too! [My review.]


ONE


Sanctum is one of my new favorite series. I just finished the
sequel and HOLY SHIT GUYS. You don't know what your
missing. I am begging you to read this book. Just trust me, ok?
PLEASEEEEEEEE. I is AMAZEBALLS. [My. review.]


divider

17 comments:

  1. I've had Sanctum & Slated on my list for a while now. All the other books look familiar to me, but I just haven't got the time to read them yet :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make a deal with you - you read Sanctum and I'll read your favorite retelling =P

      Delete
  2. I really like this topic, I may use it in the future (and give you full credit, of course). :) I loved Slated too, such a great book. And I just added Sanctum to my TBR list so thanks! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like you read through books fairly quickly so I hope Sanctum makes it to the top of the list soon :D

      Delete
  3. I need to read all the other books on your list. A military book, yes please! And Amber House sounds like it's kinda creeptastic! I need more creepy! And we both know how we feel about Sanctum. Everyone read these books NOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, so you of all people should read one of the other 4 books because you know what you could potentially be missing out on :)

      Delete
  4. Amber House looks so good!! I've heard good things from a friend about If I Lie so definitely going to bump that up. And obvious Sanctum now since I saw you and Christianna tweeting about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay :D I will anxiously await the day you start one of these! Then you can join in on the fangirling!

      Delete
  5. Wow I have never heard of these books except for Slated and I'll def. check out Amber House. It just looks so creepy and cool! Is it like a mystery book? Or is it more on historical romance? How To Lead a Life of Crime sounds freakin epic! I've never heard a plot where kids are being taught to be criminals. Like, WHY!? Why? would someone do that!?

    leigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber House was more mystery for sure! I seriously loved that book! And HTLALOC WAS epic!! but I shall not reveal anymore than that so you have to read it for yourself :D

      Delete
  6. Okay...I haven't heard of any of these books but now I want to read them all! Going to add them to my "to-read" list now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I am so glad to see all these TBRs growing! I really hope you pick up ANY of these soon!!

      Delete
  7. I read Sanctum (awesome!) and the rest, I have but haven't gotten to yet. I'll make time, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may hold you to that :D. But see, Sanctum IS awesome so I'm not making stuff up here! These others are really good too!

      Delete
  8. Fail! I've read none of these. Usually I've read enough books that I've read SOMETHING from people's lists. *is shame-faced*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO FREE TIME haha. I think you need to read one of these as your next freebie so you can correct your shame-faced-ness. OR I know, I shall recommend it for Sadie Hawkins Sunday! Yes.

      Delete
  9. I'm so glad you are spreading the How to Lead a Life of Crime love! :) I've read Slated too and it was pretty darn good. Did the sequel come out already? Gosh I am losing my mind.

    Anyway, I promise you that I will read Sanctum in the near future, but once again I'm holding you to your promises that I will love it and I'm totally trusting you! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs