Top Ten Resolutions We Have For 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten list is
"Top Ten Resolutions We Have for 2016"

Nicole's Top Five

1. Keep doing things outside my comfort zone - In these past few months, I've really stepped outside of my comfort zone, and while they have been some of the most anxiety-inducing months of my life, they have also been some of the most rewarding. I want to keep this going in 2016.

2.  Go on 2 International trips and 2 Stateside trips - As many of you know, I love to travel and am on a mission to see as many places as possible in my lifetime. I've already got one international and one stateside trip planned so I'm really challenging myself to do one more of each later in the year.

3. Complete a Tone It Up Challenge - I've been following the Tone It Up Girls for about 6 months now but I've barely scratched the surface of their Nutrition Plan and I've never done a Challenge despite all of the amazing results I've seen around the community. This year I am determined to finish one and I actually just started their New Year Challenge so wish me luck!

4. Reach Purple Level on my Nike Run App - My Book Club Girls - Lindsey, Betty and Ellie - have been really motivating me to get back into running and since I moved about .5 mile from the amazing Schuylkill River Trail I really have no reason not to. As of today, I have 349 miles left to Purple Level and I think it would be amazing to reach that in 2016 (~30 miles per month).

5. Read 104 books - Since I've been focusing on others areas of my life more lately, my reading has taken a bit of a hit. Seeing as it's still one of my greatest passions, I want to make sure I make time for it. I think reading 2 books a week sounds like a good goal. 

Ashley's Top Five

1. Train for another Half Marathon - While running does usually end up hurting my knees if I take it slow I figure I can be ready to run another half marathon (hopefully without any knee pain!)  I have my eyes on the Star Wars half marathon in 2017, so 2016 will be a year of smaller races!

2. Open up an Etsy store - I love sewing and making bags and accessories.  Opening an Etsy store seems so intimidating to me but I would love to be able to share some of my crafts with others :)  I also have yet to come up with a crafty name for my store.

3. Read 75 Books - After 2014 's busy year, I lowered my Goodreads challenge to 60 books  for 2015, which I met and went over!  So this year I decided to bump up my reading goal!

4. Read more older books I own - I have this beautiful library that the husband built for me with quite a few books on there that I have been wanting to read but have not made the time for.  

5. Do more Bookish Things - I am fortunate to live so close to DC with so many events and signings being just an hour-ish away but I do not always take advantage of all the bookish opportunities close to me.  I love YADC and want to try to do more events with the awesome group. Aside from that, I want to work on finding and reading new blogs and continue to show other bloggers support! 


What are your top ten?









divider
Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs