Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Us Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten list is
"Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Us Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel "

Nicole's Top Five

1. Emily Murdoch (If You Find Me)
It's been over two years since I've read If You Find Me and I still think about that book often. It's one of the best contemporaries I've ever read and I've been anticipating another book from Emily Murdoch ever since.

2. Becky Albertalli (Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda)
I haven't heard of a single person that hasn't fallen in love with this book. I can't help but smile when I think of this book. It was adorable. I can't wait to see what Becky gives us next!

3. David Arnold (Mosquitoland)
Ummm OBSESSED doesn't even begin to cover how I feel about this book. It had me laughing out loud one moment and deep in thought the next. It was one of the most unique and enjoyable books I've ever had the pleasure of reading so yeah, I'm just a little excited for David's next book.

4. Moïra Fowley-Doyle (The Accident Season)
The Accident Season was a book that completely took me by surprise. I could not put it down. Moira had me so curious to the point I thought I was going to explode. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

5. Nicola Yoon (Everything Everything)
I freaking LOVED this book. It was so cute and had me laughing so much and I just shipped Maddy and Olly so hard. I also can't get enough of illustrations in books. Basically I want another collaboration between her and her husband BAD.

Ashley's Top Five

1. Becky Wallace (The Storyspinner)
I LOVED this new fantasy series!  The world building was great, there were so many characters, and just an awesome plot.  I cannot wait to read book two.

2. Melissa Grey (The Girl at Midnight)
YES.  I was a little behind in getting to this one but once I finally read it, I was so glad I did.  I love the fun and unique cast of characters.

3. Elizabeth May (The Falconer)
A steampunk book set in Scotland with fairies, yes please.  I feel like I have been waiting forever for the next book.

4. Cristin Terrill  (All Our Yesterdays) 
I love her first time-traveling book.  I was sad to hear her sequel was not going to happen but have no doubt the next series will be awesome.

5. Mackenzie Lee (This Monstrous Thing) 
While this book was a bit slow, I still enjoyed that darker, steampunk aspects and have high hopes for her sophomore novel. 

What are your top ten?



divider
Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs