I have new bookshelves!!

Welcome to Thoughts for Thursday! This feature is our outlet to talk with you about whatever we currently have on our minds. It might be bookish, it might not! Now for this week's thought:

I have new bookshelves!!

As some of you may know, the husband and I just bought a new house :)  It has a lot more space then our last place so we have been on a furniture hunt for the past month.  Since it is just the two of us we opted not to have a formal dining (like the last owners did) and decided to turn that into a living room and our other room has become our..... library and music room!! It is my favorite room in the house (besides the walk in closet).    


After a ton of research we decided on some Ikea bookshelves.  I really had my eyes on some from World Market since they have a ladder feature... they just reminded me of Beauty and the Beast but a bit too pricey.  In the end I love love love the route we took.  We decided to get two recliner chairs that are super comfy and great for reading on by the fire.  Eureka approves of the room too! Across from the room are my husband's records and the record player so we can also listen to music.  Last but not least since we were going for the library kind of feel for the room we decide to finally hang up our diplomas! 



As for the bookshelves, I was super torn on how I wanted to arrange them.  My last book shelves were organized by favorites, so I had all my favorites on one small case, and one case organized by read vs unread and the remaining books scattered around the house.  Clearly it was not a great system.  After some hesitation at first, I decided to go with organizing in alphabetical order.  It gets a bit tricky when I am adding more than one or two books on the same shelf but I do love how easy it is to find what I am looking for.  Here is the close to final room:

What are your personal/home library dreams and wants :)??


divider
Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs