Top Ten Adult Fiction Books We Can't Believe We Haven't Read Yet

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten list is
"Top Ten Adult Fiction Books We Can't Believe We Haven't Read Yet"

Nicole's Top Five

1. The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson - I loved Stieg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I've been meaning to continue with this series since then. But time and this book got away from me. 
2. A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson - I read all THIRTEEN books in this series STRAIGHT THROUGH and really enjoyed them but then I had to wait over a year for the last book to come out. I was so excited to read this conclusion but by the time I started reading A Memory of Light, many of the details of this world escaped me. I was practically living on the A Wheel of Time Wiki and it was taking me SO LONG to read this one (this book is huge). After ~40% I put it aside for another time. I do plan to get back to it soon though. 
3. Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson - This is one of the series I vowed to read in my 'High Fantast Here I Come!' post. It's actually next up after I catch up with the Gentleman Bastard series. 
4. Inferno by Dan Brown - I read the first 3 Robert Langdon books throughout High School and College and I loved them. 
5. Bold Tricks by Karina Halle - I LOVED Sins & Needles and Shooting Scars SO MUCH. These books are so dark and seductive and addicting they make me feel dirty. The only (no good) reason I haven't finished this series yet is because I always deprioritize adult books these days. But I'm going to pretend it's because I want to savor Camden and Javier a little while longer. 


Ashley's Top Five

1.  Something Borrowed (Darcy & Rachel #1) by Emily Giffin  Emily Giffin seems to be quite a popular author and I have just never picked up one of her books.
2.  The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón  I have had this book recommended to me numerous times.  The author was mentioned in my Spanish literature class as was the book yet I still have not read it.  I picked up a copy from the library book sale, so I will have to give it a try!
3. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon  I feel so out of the loop when everyone talks about Outlander and Jamie!
4. The Road by Cormac McCarthy  The Road seems to be a book many had to read for school at some point.  It feels like a classic book that I am just missing out on.
5. The Help by Kathryn Stockett  I LOVED this movie and everyone says the book is awesome as well.

What are your top ten?

divider
Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs