Top Ten Things We Like/Dislike When It Comes To Romances In Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten list is
"Top Ten Things We Like/Dislike When It Comes To Romances In Books"

Nicole's Top Five Likes & Dislikes

1. Dislike: Girls falling for jerks
This is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves/turn offs. If he treats you like shit, why do you like him? I don't care how hot he is or what excuse he has for his behavior. Just no. This is an immediate red flag for me.

2. Dislike: Insta-love
Now some cases of this are more tolerable than others. It's really when a girl and guy know each other for maybe a day and are already talking about love and being soulmates and all that nonsense.

3. Like: When the romance complements the plot
Unless I am reading a Romance novel, I don't want a book to be ALL about the romance. I like it best when it complements the storyline.

4. Like: Witty Banter
I love witty banter in general but especially when it is flirty. My favorite relationships usually have some of this!

5. Like: Best-friend-turned-boyfriend
This is one of my favorite relationships ARCs! S

Ashley's Top Five Likes & Dislikes


1. Like: Witty Banter
I 100% agree with  Nicole.  I love a couple that can joke and banter back and forth.  The Lynburn Legacy has fantastic witty banter and it just makes for an awesome read.

2. Like: Funny Awkwardness and Humor
Not the cringe worthy kind of awkward, but that kind of funny, awkward that makes the romance and situation feel more realistic and relatable.

3. Dislike: Open-ended endings
When it comes to romance in books (unless it is in a series) I want some sort of closure, resolution, happy ending or something between the characters. 

4. Like: Single Love Interest
I was going to say I dislike love triangles but sometimes they can be written in a way where I really enjoy reading about it.  So to kind of counter my most-of-the-time-dislike for love triangles I would say,  I really like romance stories with a single love interest. 

5. Dislike: Super corny-ness
Again to be fair, there are times I can appreciate a total unrealistic corny romantic gesture.  Most of the time though, it is not my thing.  

What are your top ten?

divider
Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs