August 2015 Recap


Nicole Read


Ashley Read


August Favorites

Nicole's Pick

Ashley's Pick


August Reviews


Other August Posts


        What's New With Nicole

        Welp the big news is that I am currently in Portugal and when I return I am moving to Philly. I've been wanting to move to the city for a while now and finally got serious about apartment hunting at the beginning of August. I found the PERFECT place for me and am really excited about it but also really nervous. It'll be the first time I live in a city and I'll be living alone so lots of changes ahead! My mom and grandma are also not OK with it (because they worry) so it's been hard in that regard. But yeah... moving inspired me to try my hand at some upcycle projects. I upcycled a desk and a coat rack! And I 'hacked' a kitchen cart, a table and bookshelves (yay new bookshelves!). In other words, I've spent my month sanding and painting mostly. But I also read some really good books, got some beach time in and met up with some bookish friends! And I finished my August series for Summer of Series! So it's been a good month.

        What's New With Ashley

        Nothing too crazy is new with me, just enjoyed the last month of summer.  Justin and I have been going to BBQs with friends and enjoying days outside :)  I did get the pleasure of attending a bookish event this month that was a ton of fun.  I went to the Legacy of Kings book party in Washington DC.  It was great to meet the author and hang out with a bunch of YADC bloggers!  We then did a bit of sight seeing afterwards and checked out The White House.  August was quite relaxing and low key, a perfect ending of the summer.  


        divider
        Copyright © 2014 The Quiet Concert
        Template and Design by New Chapter Designs